Wednesday, June 10, 2009

keeping a stiif upper lip...

Another day has come and gone,and right now at this very minute I am pleased with that thought.I want the days to go SO fast that I don't even feel them...I want to keep SO busy that I just pass into unconciousness at night...zooom! so my job right now is to keep a stiff upper lip and be strong and present for my husband and children...but what if I don't wanna?what if I just want to not be strong for a few minutes? I think I will allow myself that luxury tonight.Then I will get past it as I always do and move on.I have been through way too much in my life to be a quitter,more than most people in my life know.
I have a favorite hymn that I have been memorizing all 7 verses to and it totally helps me to feel stonger.Its called How Firm a Foundation:

How firm a foundation ye saints of the Lord
Is laid for your faith in his excellent word!
What more can he say than to you he hath said
Who unto the Saviour for refuge have fled?

In every condition,in sickness in health,in poverty's vale or abounding in wealth,at home or abroad on the land or the sea
As thy days may demand so thy succor shall be

Fear not I am with thee oh be not dismayed, for I am thy God and will still give thee aid
I'll strengthen thee help thee and cause thee to stand
upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call thee to go
the rivers of sorrow shall not thee o'er flow
for I will be with thee thy troubles to bless
and sanctify to thee they deepest distress

When through fiery trials thy pathway shall lie
My grace all sufficient shall be thy supply
the flame shall not hurt thee I only design
thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine

E'en down to old age, all my people shall prove
My sov'reign eternal ,unchangeable love
and then when gray hairs shall their temples adorn
Like lambs shall they still in my bosom be borne

The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose
I will not I cannot desert to his foes
That soul though all hell shall endeavour to shake
I'll never,no never,no never forsake

That was very cathartic for me...I typed the whole thing out.It is a very beautiful,comforting hymn. The fact is we ALL have troubles and trials in our lives...no one is immune.but they are there to polish off our rough edges and refine the gold that is within.But the process is not easy, and I suspect that it is not intended to be so either.thankfully there is comfort for me in knowing that it is all a part of a much bigger plan, and that we don't have to be alone in the journey.We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father who loves us so much more than we can possibly imagine...
ok I think I am feeling better now...
Man I miss writing...I used to write poems and short stories all the time and somewhere along the way I stopped.Its so healing.Honestly it is wonderful...I have a feeling that I will be posting ALOT!
Stay tuned...











No comments:

Post a Comment